Jeff Laub, Adam Kirsch and Josh Boyd founded the Blind Barber five years ago, but they didn't want to go the traditional route. Instead, the created a barbershop for men fused with a café and lounge. The result is a chill place to get your hair cut, a shave and hang out while sipping on a coffee or cocktail. Today, the pair has three locations (two in New York City, one in Los Angeles) as well as a men's grooming product line available online and in stores like Barneys New York.
The best hair and skin-care products for men: These are the shaving creams, body washes, and exfoliators for product junkies who call beauty "grooming." The coconut oil in Blind Barber Lemongrass Tea Shampoo + Body Wash leaves hair and skin so smooth, we're now pilfering his products.Read More
For BOYSLASHFRIEND, no matter where he is, it's all about the music. In the second installment of our Regimen video series, we follow R&B Singer BOYSLASHFRIEND (Shan Poo) as he cooks up some pad thai at his father's Flat Iron restaurant, stops by the recording studio for a quick session, then heads to Brooklyn to perform before a sold-out audience. Be sure to check out BOYSLASHFRIEND's debut album, Low Key, out now on Jillionaire's Feel Up Records.
The Perfect Cut: Spencer Ludwig from Blind Barber on Vimeo.
Founded on the idea that guys need a cool place to kick back and hang out, Blind Barber was originally intended to be another Manhattan speakeasy. But under the eye of co-founder Jeff Laub and his partners Josh Boyd and Adam Kirsch, it turned into something much more. Now with three locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Los Angeles, Jeff and co. have created spaces for guys to look sharp, feel sharp, and stay sharp, blending the traditional barber shop with an extended grooming product line and speakeasy-style bars and cafés. We stopped into the original Blind Barber location in the East...
06. 05. 15 The Williamsburg location of Blind Barber, where $45 haircuts are offered alongside 10 types of beer, including four varieties on tap, and cappuccinos made with Blue Bottle coffee and prepared in an airy cafe adjacent to the hairdressing space. Along with his drink order, Mr. Livingston gets a trim while seated in one of four vintage salon chairs. “It’s a nice spot to kind of catch your breath,” he said. “For guys, especially in a place like New York, it’s important to have an environment like that, where you can just kind of de-stress, chill and talk.” Blind...
02. 09. 15 Last week we headed down the block from our East Village location and checked in with our good friends over at Odin New York. Located in the heart of the East Village, their 11th street location is filled with a great selection of clothing, shoes and accessories from various high-end menswear brands, including their own line and Blind Barber's. Learn more about Odin and shop all their collections at here.
01. 07. 15 A week in beautiful Park City, Utah, cutting hair at the Sundance Film Festival.
01. 01. 15 #TheRegimen photo series highlights inspiring individuals who derive creativity, happiness, and success from their daily routine. Today, we follow director and photographer, Spencer Mandell as he strolls through Manhattan and Brooklyn, discovering sources of creative inspiration along the way. This is #TheRegimen of Spencer Mandell. The Regimen test. test.
01. 01. 15 We recently visited our Williamsburg neighbors and Blind Barber retailer, Gant Rugger. Located on North 6th St. in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, this beautiful store is filled with classic clothing and accessories from the Gant collections and offers a fully stocked bar and kitchen, providing a truly unique retail experience. Be sure to pay them a visit next time you're in the Williamsburg area.
This Movember, it's been a pleasure documenting the NYU Wrestling team's progress as they support this great cause and showcase the parallels between Movember's campaign and wrestling's mission - both are accomplished by a single person but have the support of an entire community. This is, Made in Movember: NYU Wrestling.