We miss you, our home, and the things we used to take for granted…like a good haircut! We hope you’re staying safe and healthy and know that better times are ahead. Although we do not have exact dates for when we are opening each location, we are doing everything we can to be ready for you once we do. We are excited to announce that Chicago will be opening up June 3, 2020.Blind Barber is not just a barbershop, it is a place that you can call home too and feel safe. We will continue to provide updates through email and social media, but for now, here is everything we are doing to make sure that when we reopen-we’re operating in a safe manner for everyone that walks through the door.
· We’ve limited the number of barber chairs in service in order to maintain social distancing protocols to the best of our ability.
· Our waiting area is unavailable to limit the number of people in the shop at one time. When you arrive for your appointment, please wait for your barber or shop keep to signal you in.
· Services will be by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Sorry-no walk-ins. If you would like to book a last-minute appointment, check online or call your shop. We’d be happy to get you set up.
· Services are limited to Haircuts ONLY. We are sad to say that no beard trims or hot shaves are available at this time. But, if you are in need of some help, check out the Blind Barber Instagram for tips and tricks direct from our barbers.
· We are moving toward contactless checkout. Upon booking, you will be required to prepay for your appointment. If you have a gift card you would like to redeem, email firstname.lastname@example.org once you book with your name, appointment date, and gift card code. Your credit card will still be required to hold the appointment but will not be charged if you contact us in advance. In addition to contactless checkout, please keep in mind that our barbers will no longer accept cash tips.
· A complimentary beverage will not be available at this time.
· All staff will be completing a health questionnaire prior to returning to work. They will also have their temperature checked with non-contact digital forehead thermometers, wear facemasks and gloves throughout the day, and wash their hands between appointments.
· Everything we touch will be wiped down after each client including tools, chairs, products, counters, etc. In addition to cleaning and sanitizing between appointments, the barbershop is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected nightly.
· All capes and towels used during service will immediately be refused. Each service will begin with a fresh clean set of barber capes, towels, etc.
· Upon booking, you will be asked to complete a short health questionnaire to ensure you don’t have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 or known exposure. If you have known symptoms or exposure, please consider moving your appointment for a later date. If your appointment nears and you experience symptoms or have any known exposure to COVID-19, your appointment can be cancelled at no charge. Thank you for helping keep everyone safe.
· All clients will be required to wear a face covering while in our shops. Remember you are getting your hair cut, please wear a mask that will limit the need to remove them for your service. If you do not have one or forget, we will have disposable masks for you to use.
· Blind Barber products will still be available for purchase in our shop, but just like our services, we are only accepting cashless payments.
· If you have a disability or health condition and have concerns about your ability to comply with any of the above notices, please let us know by contacting email@example.com and we will do the best to accommodate your needs.
Until we see you again, feel free to stay in touch with us about any questions or concerns.